Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Yeah, it's cliche, but I figure it is Thanksgiving. What better time to do a "what I am thankful for" posting?

I am thankful for:
  • my family. They may be crazy, but I can always count on them.
  • the fact that I don't have to constantly be watching over my shoulder. People are generally trustworthy and aren't out to get you. In other places, if you don't have one hand on everything you own, it will disappear. I worse places, if you don't have one eye on everyone you know, you might end up dead.
  • availability of things at convenience. I have never had to slaughter my own animal. I just have to go down the street to have practically anything I could want at my fingertips.
  • People's predictability. While some call it boring, I think it is a very nice thing to know how someone will react to something and be ready for it.
  • opportunities I have to do anything I really ever want to do. If I want to make Jewelery, then I can run to the store and get stuff for it. If I want to become a mechanic, I can just go to the nearest school and learn it. If I want to study anthropology, I can just do research on the internet. Anything I want to do, I can.
  • my friends. I know that I can always be helped out in a jam.
  • freedom to choose. No one has ever told me that I must become something I don't want to... or at least I know I never ever have to listen to them.
  • my puppies... yes this is cheesy, but I am thankful for their absolute loyalty. No matter what happens, they will always love me.
  • being me. I haven't been myself for a while and I forget how refreshing it is to just be able to be my own goofy self with people who are used to it, and even find it entertaining.
  • smiling. Either smiling myself or people smiling to me, it just is nice.
  • good hugs. In my opinion, no one gets them or gives them enough... which is weird for me to say, becasue I have always been a disliker of hugs. I suppose things change.
  • understanding. Things are so much easier when people understand what you are trying to say.
  • having the knowledge that I do. I love learning and love knowledge. Though I am no expert in anything, I like to know what I do.
  • the Church. I know my life would be so much worse if it weren't for the Church and the things it teaches me.
I don't count my blessings frequently enough, and when I do, I'm always blown away with how much I'm blessed with. I have forgotten lately, and to anyone I have hurt with my negativity and pessimism, I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!